One way to share God’s love is to share concoctions made from his creation for consumption (food). Here is Mama Bankes’ recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole.
|3 cups||cooked mashed sweet potatoes|
|1/2 cup||sugar, white|
|1 1/2 tsp||vanilla|
|3 tbsp||butter, melted|
|1 cup||chopped pecans|
|1/2 cup||sugar, brown|
- Blend potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla in a mixer.
- Take the strings off the beaters, and throw away (the strings, not the beaters).
- Beat again, removing the fibers. (Don’t forget to unplug the mixer when you are in contact w/ the beaters.)
- Pour into a baking dish (2qt. casserole). You may cook as is or may add topping. Bake 350°F for 35 min.
- Topping: Mash everything together until everything sticks to everything else.
Notes: If you want to use marshmallows for the topping, top at about 5 minutes before the casserole is done. For a more tender, less burnt pecan topping, top about halfway through.